- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How we use your data
- Who do we share your data with?
- Automated Decision Making
- Storage and Transfer
- Data protection and retention
- What are your rights?
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
What data do we collect?
The type of personal data we collect and use varies depending upon whether you are visiting our website, registering for our newsletter, purchasing a product or a service, requesting support or using the chat tool. This includes the following:
Personally Identifiable Data:
- Identity Data such as first name, surname, gender, date of birth.
- Contact Data such as address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Technical Data such as internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser, operating system information and location.
- Financial Data such as customer payment card details, bank details, VAT number, information about payments to and from you and other details of services
- you have purchased from us.
- Any other data that you might provide during the course of our relationship.
Special Category Data
Information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, criminal convictions, sex life or sexual orientation, or certain types of genetic or biometric data is known as ‘special category’ data.
Please note we do not seek to collect special categories of data from you.
How do we collect your data?
In most cases, you directly provide your data to Capture Ltd.
We collect and process your data for the following lawful bases:
|Purchase any of our products or services
|Request support / raise a support ticket
|Have outstanding invoices due for collection
|Receive operational communications about your account and/or services
|Receive operational communications about your account and/or services
|Register for webinars and/or download information such as eBooks
|Register your interest or enquire about our products and services
|Contact us through any platform, including but not limited to, social media sites
We may also collect your data indirectly via, but not limited to, the following:
- A third party for which Capture are acting as a processor or sub-processor
- Official Government bodies such as HMRC, Court, Police.
- Analytics providers (such as Google),
- Providers of technical, payment and delivery services, and
- By conducting searches of publicly-available databases or social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- A trusted partner for marketing purposes, in these circumstances your express consent will be sought before sharing to Capture Ltd.
How we use your data
Capture Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Process your request, enquiry or order and manage your account.
Provide access to our system/use our products and services
Email you information about other products, services and resources, that we think you might like.
Capture Ltd will always keep you informed of essential information related to your account via operational communications.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, please use the ‘Unsubscribe’ option in the email or contact us at email@example.com.
Who do we share your data with?
We may share your data with authorised third parties (processors), where the appropriate lawful bases apply and/or in order to fulfil our contract with you. This is typically:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to the extent we consider it reasonably necessary for us to perform our contract with you
- Our outsourced IT services provider/s of wi-fi, IT and system administration services to our business, including Pulsant, AWS, One Drive and Microsoft (online cloud and data storage providers).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- Law enforcement and Government agencies including HMRC and courts and tribunal services,
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Only with your express consent will Capture Ltd share your data with our partner companies so they may share and promote their products and services.
If, at any point, we need to use your data for any other reason than that originally provided, we will not do so until we have contacted you directly unless there is a legal reason not to.
Automated Decision Making
Capture Ltd will not subject individuals to decisions based on automated processing except where:
- It is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract
- It is authorised by law
- The individual has given their explicit consent
Storage and Transfer of Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom, or on secure cloud-based services in a country within the European Economic Area.
Capture Ltd will ensure that appropriate safeguards and lawful bases are applied for all transfers of data outside of the EEA.
Data Protection and Retention
Capture Ltd make every reasonable effort to protect your data while it is entrusted to us, ensuring all third parties meet our high standards and datacentres hold current valid information security certification.
In the unfortunate event of a data breach which results in a high risk to the rights and freedom of an individual, we shall make every reasonable effort to notify the affected individual in line with UK data protection regulation.
In line with current data UK data protection regulation, we will only ever retain your data for as long as we need to, once this period has expired, your data will be securely deleted.
Please contact our compliance team if you would like a copy of our retention schedule.
What are your rights?
Your data protection rights are listed below in line with the UK Data Protection Act 2018:
The right to access – You have the right to be informed and request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Capture Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. If your personal data changes or is incorrect, please notify us and we will update it without undue delay.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Capture Ltd erase your personal data, under certain qualifying conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Capture Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data if you believe the processing is incorrect, unlawful, in dispute or you need it retained for legal reasons.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Capture Ltd’s processing of your personal data.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Capture Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 0118 338 0960
Or write to us at: Capture Ltd 33-34 Market Place Reading Berkshire RG1 2DE
Please note that we may need to conduct identity verification checks or, for third parties requesting access, evidence of authority, before sharing data or processing a subject request.
All subject requests will be processed and responded to within 30 days. In exceptional circumstances, we may request permission for additional time from the UK Supervisory Authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights. However, Capture Ltd may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you feel Capture Ltd has not addressed a concern in a satisfactory manner or your data has been unlawfully processed, you have the right to complain to the UK Supervisory Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.